Summer is here, meaning people are spending more and more time outdoors, enjoying the sunny warm weather. Many times, they will bring their pets along to enjoy it too – but this can cause a problem, as they may bring back fleas into the home. If your pet has tracked these pesky critters back into your house and you are tired of the itchy feelings they cause, there are some at home pest control
remedies you can try to get rid of them:
Home Pest Control Remedies
- Check for fleas on you and around the home: put on a pair of white socks, and walk around the house. Often times, fleas are attracted to white clothing, and they are also easier to spot on a white background. This will help you determine how severe the issue is.
- Use a flea comb on your pets: remove any fleas that have already taken to your pet as their new home using a flea comb. Before the fleas have a chance to jump away from the comb, dip it in a solution of dish soap mixed with a little water. This will kill any fleas trapped in the teeth of the comb.
- Get flea control for your pets: Visit your veterinarian and discuss your options for flea prevention in the future.
- De-flea the house: Foggers can be used to help rid the home of fleas. If you are using these, follow the directions carefully, as they are toxic as well as flammable. Powder products can also be used on rugs, carpets, and sofas in order to get rid of fleas.
- And the yard: there are a number of products that can be attached to the garden hose and sprayed in the yard (avoiding any flowers or vegetables) in order to kill fleas.
Have questions or would you like to make an appointment? Contact us or call us at 386-672-0097 today!